Tips - 6 Weeks Before
Make a list of things that are valuable or difficult to
replace. Plan on shipping these by certified mail or carrying them with you.
Make a list of friends, relatives and businesses to notify
of your move.
Work your way through each room taking inventory and
deciding what to donate or throw away. Start planning a yard sale or contact
your local charities.
Subscribe to the newspaper in your new hometown to start
learning about events and the local culture.
Seven weeks before
-Start compiling medical and dental records - including prescriptions and shot records.
-Arrange to have school records transferred to your children's new school district and/or daycare.
-Get copies of any legal and financial records you need.
- Arrange for veterinarian records to be transferred.
- Call your insurance agent to see what changes to expect in your policies for changing states.Ask if moving is covered and arrange for insurance for your new home.
- Contact health clubs or other organizations you have joined.
Planning to move to Dominican Republic or abroad? Find some tips here!
8/6 Weeks before:
1) Create a "move file" to keep track of estimates, receipts and other important information.
2)Budget for moving expenses and start collecting estimates.
3) Start compiling medical and dental records - including prescriptions and shot records.
4)Arrange tohave school records transferred to your children's new school.
5)Get copies of any legal and financial records you need.
Next week find some more.